Our western North Carolina bed and breakfast is the perfect place to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of this area. Map your journey to escape the craziness of everyday life and relax as you enjoy the small-town atmosphere of Waynesville, complete with wonderful restaurants, the Blue Ridge Parkway and the beautiful Smoky Mountains. If you need a dose of city-life during your stay, take a trip to Asheville, just 30 minutes away. As you consider your lodging options, remember The Windover Inn – come visit us soon!
(Some estiimated driving times. Asheville 30 Minutes/Atlanta 3 hours/Charleston 4.5 hours/Charlotte 2.75 hours/Greenville 1.5 hours/Gatlinburg 1.25/Jacksonville 7 hours/Knoxville 1.5 /Raleigh 4.5 hours/Tampa 10.5 hours)
The directions below are from the Great Smoky Mountain Expressway, Routes 74 & 23 and will take you through our historic, downtown Waynesville. Please note our location is the same, but our house number has changed in our address from 117 to 40 Old Hickory Street. GPS systems may not be updated with this change and the change of Old Hickory at Brown Avenue from a through street to a walkway only. We recommend you follow our directions below.
• Exit Highway 74/23 at Exit 102
• Follow Route 276 South (Russ Avenue). You will pass a strip mall, and fast food restaurants.
• After you cross over a small bridge you will see the “Welcome to Waynesville” sign (.8 mile from 276 exit).
• Continue on 276 South over bridge to traffic light at Main Street.
• Turn right onto Main Street (still 276 South) through town.
• Turn right onto Academy Street at First Baptist Church (276 continues left at this intersection) and go one block to Haywood Street.
• Turn left onto Haywood Street at First Methodist Church and go one block to Boyd Street.
• Turn right on to Boyd Street and continue downhill and across railroad tracks, bearing right.
• Turn left at next intersection onto Killian Street and continue to Old Hickory Street.
• Turn left onto Old Hickory Street and then right into the driveway of The Windover Inn!